Night of the Arts
Night of the Arts
Thursday, May 9, 2019 | 6:00 PM
The Quad - Louisiana Tech University
Louisiana Tech University’s Fashion Merchandising & Retail Studies Event Planning Class is partnering with Louisiana Tech’s Jazz Ensemble and Theatre’s Costume Design Department to create a special event of entertainment, “Night of the Arts.” The Event Planning class in the Fashion program at Louisiana Tech is designed for students to understand and learn how to implement effective principles and programming for special events that include successful advertising strategies, creative skills, organizing and planning budgets, venues, as well as fashion knowledge and experience of working hands-on with retail merchants in the Ruston community. Each year the class is assigned a final project of creating and implementing a fashion show. This year, we have decided to enhance the final project and showcase two other exceptional programs at the University to create a special night of entertainment under the stars in the Quad on Tech’s campus.
Night of the Arts will feature:
- The amazing sounds and talents of Louisiana Tech's Jazz Ensemble, under Director Trevor Davis
- Beautiful costumes will come to life through performance illustrations from Tech's Theatre program under Costume Designer Michele Dormaier
- Fashions by local merchants
- The fashion program will feature several students showing their designs
- An after-party of fun and refreshments will also be held in the Quad at 7:30 PM
Since there is no admission, we are asking for your support to be able to present an amazing event featuring fashion, music, and theatre. All levels of support are appreciated!
Come join us for an evening under the stars!