Tech Family: How Can I help?
The challenges caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) are having a profound impact around the globe, including here at Louisiana Tech University. We have heard from many alumni and friends asking how they can help the University support the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff as they navigate how to fulfill the educational mission of the University.
Louisiana Tech University has already implemented strategies that will help all of us manage this crisis while maintaining academic continuity and support for our Tech Family. You can give to support these existing efforts:
- The Student Relief Fund serves the most emergent student needs in the crisis. As the situation evolves daily, we are committed to responding quickly.
- Unparalleled Education is a top priority for Louisiana Tech, especially in critical times such as this. Louisiana Tech is committed to creating programs that are first in their fields.
- A 21st Century Campus is currently pivotal at Louisiana Tech. As professors moved to online courses within a 48 hour time frame, ensuring the best educational solutions for our students is critical.
- University Excellence always helps ensure that our University is meeting the needs of our students, faculty, and staff. With in-person classes canceled during the outbreak, this fund will help maintain continuity on our campus.
- The Good Nutrition Mission Food Pantry has always helped our students with food insecurity never have to worry about their next meal and is playing an even greater role during this pandemic.
- Louisiana Tech Counseling Services is prepared to help both students and faculty during these uncertain times through mental health support.
Louisiana Tech University will undoubtedly rely more heavily on private support in these areas during the COVID-19 response.
Right now, our students need your support as they navigate these new challenges in obtaining their degree. Faculty and staff need your help to expand remote and online learning opportunities. Louisiana Tech University needs the Tech Family to help address the challenges in front of us and in the days ahead.